Role & Responsibilities
- Full time role (40 hours a week)
- Initial 6 month contract
- This is a Jobs Growth Wales placement
- Applicants must be between 16 and 24 and registered unemployed
At The Grazing Shed we are passionate about making quality burgers. Ours are special, made from the heart using only the finest quality locally-sourced Welsh ingredients, and cooked to order each and every time. In addition, our pioneering production methods allow us to produce each burger in a fraction of the time you would typically expect for such quality products, giving you an altogether new and innovative rapid dining experience!
We opened the doors of our first restaurant 4 years ago and now offer Super Tidy Burgers full-time in 4 locations – Barrack Lane, St Mary Street, Lakeside and Ice Arena Wales – as well as at a wide array of seasonal events, year-round concessions and at home via our delivery services. We are looking for a flexible, creative, responsive, extremely organised marketing assistant to join our growing Cardiff-based team, working across the whole business.
The successful candidate will be passionate about marketing, social media and food culture, especially in Cardiff and Wales. With a creative flair and friendly manner, they will thrive building relationships with businesses we work closely with and be able to spot opportunities to promote The Grazing Shed and our core message of eating local, quality and fast. You will work with your line manager and the broader management team to create and deliver marketing campaigns to specific timelines.
This isn’t a social media role per se but there will be some crossover, so an understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite and Instagram along with an ongoing awareness of developing social media trends, new platforms and opportunities is desirable, especially managing adverts.
- Training will be available for the successful candidate
- All candidates must be 16-24 years of age and registered unemployed
- Very organised with the ability to prioritise own workload effectively
- Good creative writing and editing skills with a high standard of grammar and spelling
- Well versed in social media platforms and emerging trends, particularly advertising-related
- Basic photography and video editing skills
- Desirable: a basic understanding of web analytics and the principles of SEO
- Desirable: experience with design package/s (Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator)
- Desirable: ability to read, write and speak Welsh preferred but not essential
- Helping brainstorm campaign ideas to launch products and drive sales, engagement and awareness.
- Updating and writing content for our website, app and blog
- Keeping in-store point of sale, branding, toning and marketing materials up to date at all times
- Drafting regular mailshots via Mailchimp when our social media staff is on holiday or sick
- Maintaining databases efficiently and driving relevant sign-ups
- Managing print runs and distribution of promotional materials
- Running digital and print ad campaigns
- Actioning SEO, paid and organic search campaigns using Google Ad Words etc.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key press
- Scheduling social media posts across all platforms when our social media staff is on holiday or sick
- Running digital ads via Facebook, Instagram and other relevant platforms.
- Regularly visiting our restaurants and development chef to create picture and video content
- Creating (or managing design briefs for) a wide range of social media, website and print assets